Micron filters operate on the basis of “depth filtration”; dirt is driven through the filter bed and trapped in minute spaces between the particles of filter media allowing the cleansed water to pass through the filter’s laterals and exit via the filter’s Multiport valve.
The effectiveness and efficiency of the filter is impaired by excessive build up of debris, clogging the media, which will result in pressure build up and poor circulation. Cleaning the filter simply requires turning the filter’s Multiport lever from the “filter” position to the “backwash” position, which reverses the flow of water in the filter, flushing the filter bed.
Filament Wound Filters
Micron fibreglass filters embody the latest in fibreglass winding technology. Micron fibreglass vessels consist of an inner shell of fiberglass reinforced polyester resin wound over with fibreglass filament. Waterco’s digitally controlled filament winding machine faultlessly winds continuous strands of high quality fibreglass filament under controlled tension filament to create a seamless one-piece vessel with refined consistency and superior quality. There are no welds or seams or special tank linings which can corrode or electrolyse.
Waterco Micron Top and Sidemount Fibreglass Filters
- Inflow diffuser for even distribution of water flow across the filter bed.
- Pressure gauge.
- Six position Multiport valve with sight glass and quick connect half unions.
- Fibreglass wound tank, UV and Corrosion Resistant.
- Hydraulically balanced laterals to
- maximise water flow and filtration. Manual Drain*
- Large filter base for stable floor mounting.
- Working pressure 250 kPa (36 psi)
- Extra reinforcement to increase the working pressure rating to 400 kPa (58 psi) is available on request.
- Maximum working temperature of 50°C (122°F)
Waterco Multiport Valves
Constructed from heavy duty ABS, Waterco Multiport valves are designed for maximum performance and working pressures. Waterco Multiport valves are engineered to withstand a working pressure of up to 400 kPa (58 psi) with a test pressure of 600 kPa (87 psi).
- Metric or imperial quick connect unions.
- Glass filled thermoplastic.
- Durable lever action handle.
- 6 way multiple valve positions.
- High grade stainless steel components.
- Pressure gauge.
- Wear resistant rotor.
- Clear sight glass for backwash inspection.
Micron Filters are covered by a 10-year tank warranty and 1-year warranty on all other components. Commercial installations are covered by a 5-year (1 year full + 4 years pro rata) tank warranty and 1-year warranty on all other components. Please refer to Waterco’s warranty terms and conditions